Thread: 7mm rem mag
View Single Post
Old September 27, 2005, 09:03 AM   #7
FrontSight

Buy a Sims Limbsaver Recoil Pad

Wow, how similar things are between us - I went a few months ago to sight in a 7mm Rem Mag Savage Bolt Action that I won in a raffle, and that sucker kicked so hard that I couln't take it anymore after one box (I know, that's waaaaay too many shots needed to sight in, but I hardly ever shoot). I had a bruise about 6 inches long on my shoulder/arm the next day.

Anyways, I put a custom fit Sims Limbsaver Recoil Pad on it, and holy cow, the difference was night and day. I went this past sunday to finish sighting it in, and made the newb mistake of shooting too much and the barrel got hot so the shots were going everywhere until the range officer advised me to wait until the barrel cools. Must have been the same mistake I made last time

Long story a little shorter, it took me 30 shots (pathetic, I know) but I didn't feel a thing! The pad was a godsend, you should look into it. Cabelas carries some, but not all models I think. I found this sight that sells alll of them, and you can check the templates if you are not sure which you need: http://www.gunaccessories.com/limbsaver/mastertemps.pdf

Hope it helps

Page generated in 0.02952 seconds with 8 queries