Thread: HK - DOA/LEM
View Single Post
Old March 26, 2013, 10:44 AM   #11
TunnelRat

Quote:
When I said more safety margin than a Glock, what I meant was the trigger has to move a lot farther from the carry position to the fire position. If there is something in your holster to pull the trigger, you have 2-3x more time to do something about it before the bang, because that hammer has to come alllll the way back before it is released. I don't necessarily think of it as a safety "feature", but it gives me peace of mind.
To me though it's more the fact that if you do as you said and put your thumb over the hammer you'll feel the hammer start moving and then stop. An XDm, for instance, has a lot of takeup on the trigger. So not all striker fired guns have very short takeups. Or Kahrs for example, which are truly DAO. It's also a very good habit to check your holster at least visually and possibly physically before holstering a weapon.

Quote:
Of course for safety reasons, you don't do this until you are on target, but trying to pull through the whole thing in one smooth press does not work for me.
And that's fair enough. I'm not trying to say everyone has to use DA/SA. I just prefer consistent resistance through the entire pull, regardless of the action.

Quote:
I think of it as a single action gun I can carry with the hammer down, best of both worlds.
To me one of the appeals of a SA trigger is that short takeup.

No one has to apologize to me for disagreeing with me . This is a forum, we're here to express opinions. My opinion is no more right than Scotch's, and vice versa. All I ask is people express those opinions politely and respectfully, as Scotch did.
Maintain situational awareness

Page generated in 0.02746 seconds with 8 queries