View Single Post
Old April 26, 2013, 03:32 PM   #67
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNS
LOL, this isn't about any founding documents. This is about a kid's behavior who refused to do as he was told in school by an adult charged with his supervision. He wore a shirt that a faculty member found to be inappropriate and refused to do as instructed to remedy the situation. It doesn't matter what was on the shirt or what type of shirt this was. Once the student refused (and repeatedly from what is described), the problem occurred.
There has to be a reasonable standard. It doesn't matter what was on the shirt, it matters whether a reasonable person would think it "disruptive". What if this faculty member found little cloth alligators on the left breast of shirts to be inappropriate? Maybe just red shirts?

I'd virtually guarantee that this is another result of the same asinine "Zero Tolerance" policies that result in 13 year old girls getting suspended for sharing Midol. "Zero Tolerance" is another way of saying "We can't trust these educated folks to make reasonable decisions so we must default to the "safest" possible position which requires no common sense to implement." Such policies create an environment where the question becomes "How can I find a reason that "Object X" violates the rules." rather than the common-sense "Is it reasonable to believe that "Object X" is a problem."

Common sense has been so obliterated from our society that I'm not even sure the average person still has the ability to use logical problem solving skills to make decisions.

Page generated in 0.02337 seconds with 8 queries