View Single Post
Old December 16, 2011, 02:49 PM   #14
mykeal

Interesting question.

A typical shooting day for me is goal-oriented: practice/proficiency, testing or just plain fun.

Practice/proficiency consists of working on eliminating bad habits - no plans or thoughts of a time period or the number of shots; I shoot until I either get too tired to control the gun or I see improvement in the problem I'm working on. The exception to that is practice with my carry gun: 50 to 70 rounds of .38 sp HBWC for proficiency, then 20 rounds of .357 magnum JRNFP and 5 to 10 rounds of .357 magnum GDHP, all at 10 yards once or twice a week.

Testing is just that; I shoot a specific number of combinations of powder, projectile, patch, wad, lube or whatever I'm testing. I may vary range or adjust sights. The least I've ever shot in testing is probably 5 rounds but it's usually a lot more. The most is probably about 60 rifle rounds and maybe as many as 150 rounds from revolvers.

And just for fun could be 5 rounds or 100 rounds, but probably about 20 to 25 rounds of rifle and 25 to 50 rounds of revolver.

Page generated in 0.03137 seconds with 8 queries