View Single Post
Old March 8, 2011, 07:38 AM   #28
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
It's somewhat a stretch of faith to believe just where or when the use of "deadly force" can be legally used here in Colorado - plus, interpretation of just what that is and were it can be used is decided mostly by anyone from LEOs to "dog catchers" - rather that by the DA or courts.
Animal control officers in Colorado are law enforcement officers and in many cities are part of the Sheriff's department.

As for what is legal being decided by the officers instead of the DA and courts, it really does work that way in many cases all over the country. It is really no better if the DA does it than the cops, right, as that isn't proper due process. Otherwise, the cops would have to arrest everyone for everyone and then let the courts determine everything all the time.

Think about it. Does the DA or Judge arrest you for breaking the law? Nope. It is a law enforcement officer.

Have you ever seen SWAT Judges? They get all dressed up in their kevlar gowns to serve the warrants they write.

I assume that the DA can request information on the case if they feel it isn't being handled properly and issue a warrant. No doubt they are well aware of the case.

Page generated in 0.03517 seconds with 8 queries