View Single Post
Old June 1, 2009, 03:28 PM   #67
bigger hammer

Earlier I wrote,
Quote:
The difference is that you think the police, on a regular basis "decide" to violate people's rights and do so in an egregious manner. The facts are that this happens only very rarely and when it does it's punished. EVEN RARER STILL is the use of FA weapons when those violations occur.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMortensen
Rarely? Not rare enough for my liking:
One is too many for me. You gave a link for the Cato Institute. A wise person would take anything that comes from the Cato institute with a grain of salt. Their founder was a strict libertarian. ANY government is too much government for them.

Quote:
Maybe I'm the only one reading too many stories like this one:
http://www.reason.com/news/show/128723.html
Probably not. But I fail to see any relations between this story and the police getting semi–auto M-16's and this incident or between this story and the repeating issue of "the militarization of the police."

Quote:
Full auto is apparently a problem for some, caliber or "black rifle" is a problem for others. To me the problem is the lack of respect for our civil rights. No knock raids are a bigger problem to me than if the cop has an AR-15.
But this thread is not about "lack of respect for our civil rights" or "no knock raids" is it? No it's just another excuse for you to put forth an anti–police post. Sad really that some can't stick to the topic and have to use it as an excuse.

Page generated in 0.03408 seconds with 8 queries