View Single Post
Old February 14, 2000, 05:29 AM   #37
pluspinc

I'm just someone who is tired of science giving society excuses for failure.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Science gives us a REASON for failure. Not an excuse. They are not the same. You you claim if we take 100 20 year old men off the street at random, expose all of them to the same training they will all have the same level of proficiency? Of course not. The military sure knows that as some win medals and some hide.
There are two types of behavior. One is genetic. The other is environmental. The separated twins study at the Univeristy of Minnesota clearly has shown over 20+ years that environmental behavior has far less influence than genetics. Much less in fact.
You may not like it, but you can't ignore it. Well you can I guess, but denial isn't a river in Egypt.
As Dirty Harry said, " a man has to know his limitations." I for one would never think that I could take any martial arts training and compete with it or rely on it. That is NOT me. I'm a gun person. I bet you know a lot of GREAT martial arts types that could hit a barn if they were in it with a gun.
And you can't always teach one to do the other. If we could my Husky would go pheasant hunting with me and point birds and retrieve.

Page generated in 0.03954 seconds with 8 queries