View Single Post
Old December 23, 2011, 10:50 AM   #38
2ndChildhood

Carbine Conversion legalities - the final word

Hello All - I have been watching the discussion about "pistol-to-rifle-and-back"
legalities and there have been some significant updates by the BATF regarding this. I too have had hesitation about purchasing the Mech Tech but I am now satisfied that there are no BATF legal issues and I now own a Mech Tech. It turns out that Mech Tech has been beaten up by the legality thing and they have recently posted complete documentation on their forum. You can go there and study for yourself: http://www.mechtechsys.com/forum/vie....php?f=3&t=431
Also the American Rifleman magazine (Nov.2011 issue, Pg.90) in their ILA column clarifies in plain English that going from pistol to rifle and back does not violate BATF rules. As indicated on the Mech Tech site the BATF has recently ruled (July 25, 2011) that this is OK. This ruling has come about later than most of the post dates on this thread. A copy of the actual document is on the Mech Tech site - same link as above. This is good news for all such conversions and the people who want one of these as well as other manufacturers.

Page generated in 0.03516 seconds with 8 queries