View Single Post
Old October 21, 2013, 01:34 PM   #13
Dashunde

Quote:
It is a fact, Open Carriers create a circle of deterrence.
Quote:
ALL OF THE STUDIES show that criminals avoid armed people – so – do you want to appear armed or appear unarmed as Concealed Carriers do?
Quote:
Some critics of Open Carry claim that an Open Carrier will be the first one to be shot when a robber walks into a 7-11. There is no evidence that this has ever occurred; this is a red herring.
Need evidence? Here is evidence the robber doesn’t even need his own gun in the first place...
Not one, but two murders committed by a gun snatched from an OC'er... neither of which would have taken place if it werent visible and an opportunity provided.
That particular episode speaks volumes for keeping your gun concealed.

Quote:
Open Carry sends a message to ant-gun elected officials and all of the anti-gun media and anti-gun groups that most Americans are patriotic pro-gun; pro-constitution and pro- 2nd Amendment – and our rights will not be infringed.
I totally disagree. It's very possible that OC'ing will encourage them to work harder to infringe upon 2A.

While I appreciate your participation and lengthy efforts in creating the OP, and I normally despise thread closures and deletions, even I cringe at the copious amounts of conjecture, assumptions and rhetoric passed off as fact in in this thread starter.

Page generated in 0.02613 seconds with 8 queries