View Single Post
Old March 6, 2011, 09:35 AM   #6
603Country

Hello rc,

No, I haven't tried the 65 grain Sierra GK yet. Every place I called has them on backorder, so I'm now on backorder with everyone else. I have been trying out the 63 grain Sierra flatbase bullets that I already had, but they haven't shot particularly well with AA2230. I thought I'd try a slower powder, so now I've got a bunch loaded up with IMR4064, and I noticed that there's not any wind this morning. I've always been a fan of 4064 and I'm expecting good things. If no good results, I'll try 3031 and then H335. I'm very tempted to buy some 70 and 75 grain match grade bullets and try them, but that's not really what I intend to use in the rifle, so why waste the money? I might try that expensive Swift Scirroco (how do ya spell that?) bullet next. This rifle isn't acting like any one I've ever worked up loads for before. It's also the only fast twist barrelled rifle I've ever owned. I like everything about the rifle, except for the accuracy. It's not bad, but it isn't up to my minimum standards, which aren't extreme. All I need out of this rifle is 0.75 inch groups or so. That shouldn't be too tough, but so far I can't get there. But...I have time and patience, and I have a gunsmith (just in case).

Page generated in 0.03529 seconds with 8 queries