View Single Post
Old October 13, 2013, 01:44 PM   #15
Jimro

Bart B.

I wrote, "The cheapest dies on the market are Lee. Lee dies routinely produce sub-MOA accuracy." Routinely is not a synonym for "always" by any stretch of the imagination.

Your question was clearly rhetorical and served no purpose since my initial statement had the caveat that Lee die do not always produce 1 MOA or better ammunition by the choice of the "routinely" instead of a "always."

If you really wanted me to further qualify my statement with "Lee dies routinely produce sub-MOA accuracy from rifles capable of performing at that level" that seems like petty quibbling.

Paying more for more expensive dies may have zero impact on performance, or it may cut group sizes in half, or it may increase group size. But there is no way to quantify it without doing it. As an engineer I respect told me once, "anything that can be quantified can be optimized."

Since we can't quantify how much better group sizes will be this thread has gone into other benefits, and there is nothing wrong with that. It is easier to adjust seating with a micrometer style seating die, no arguments there. But it is impossible to quantify that change in group size without actually comparing. So there is no way to predict any benefit based on die prices.

Jimro

Page generated in 0.02805 seconds with 8 queries