View Single Post
Old May 11, 2014, 08:28 PM   #27
guruatbol

Many long winded responses, so I'll try to be short.

In answer to the op.

Using many mini14s in the past and training people on them, I can say they are not picky with ammo. In my experience training with the primary duty rifle, mini14 if you are getting groupings like that it is 99 times out of 100 the shooter.

The mini has a 2 stage trigger. If you get back to the basics which is stance, grip, breathing and trigger control you will get good groupings at 100 yards.

When you hold the mini you should be relaxed. It should be planted in the pocket and you should not grip the fore stock hard. I find if you use a flat hand under the mag and support the rifle you will not pull it off target.

When you pull the trigger, take a breath, let it half way out, take the slack out of the trigger and squeeze it. It should surprise you. This way you do not jerk it.

There are several stances. I ha fired kneeling, seated, standing barricade, standing and prone.

My favorite is kneeling. You can support the weapon on you palm an the meaty side of you elbow on your knee. Very stable.

With sand bags you should be able to very loosely support the fore stock with an open hand eliminating any pull.

I doubt there is anything wrong with your weapon. If the sights are tight from the box all is well.

It seams we always blame the weapon, when the weapon is nearly always not to blame. Technique is everything. Feel free to PM me and I am happy to help you with technique and the mini.

It is a pretty great weapon when used properly. I have fired thousands upon thousands of rounds from one.

Mel

Page generated in 0.03742 seconds with 8 queries