View Single Post
Old January 30, 2012, 03:50 PM   #13
FrankenMauser

Quote:
Again, it's not .380, but I've been happy with their brass and haven't found any irregularities out of 500 once fired cases that I once fired myself from Academy Sports Monarch ammo.
I consider most of the PPU handgun cartridge brass to be a step down from Win, R-P, Hornady, Starline, etc. But, I have found their rifle brass to exceed the quality of Win and/or R-P in a few cartridges. And, it's a massive step up from the crap PMC forces on people.

S&B isn't straight forward, either. I don't like their handgun brass, but that's because of the way the non-standard beveled rims function in my 550B.
Their rifle brass is split: Standard "American" cartridges, and "Euro" Metric cartridges. The Euro brass is great. The American brass is terrible. I think they have to cut corners on the American cartridge brass, to remain competitive, and the end product shows it. Yet, the Euro cartridge brass exceeds the quality of some domestic brands.

But, like most things; it's all relative. My preferences in 9mm Luger are not the same as .380 Auto. My preferences in .30-06 are not the same as .270 Win. My preferences for 7.62x39mm are not the same as 7.62x54R or 7.7x58mm . And, my preferences for .243 Win are not the same as even my .243 Wildcat.

Page generated in 0.03618 seconds with 8 queries