View Single Post
Old January 4, 2010, 07:13 PM   #1
razec

Tufnut rouge woes, arrgghh

Hey everyone, I'm a bit of a reloading newbie here. When I bought my tumbler and media, the shop recommended the Tufnut stuff. I've noticed the residue is a huge problem and from searching around here, I see I'm not the only one.

I'm planning on switching to something different, but the problem is that in the meantime I have a ton of .40 S&W and .45 ACP cases that have been cleaned with the Tufnut. They're shiny as hell but the problem is the rouge residue on the inside of the cases doesn't come off easily. I tried running a paper towel through them but it doesn't get it all out, so I fell back on using Q-tips with some Hoppes on them. That cleans them right out and makes the inside of the brass look as good as new, but it's obviously a VERY manual and time-consuming process.

I tried soaking the cleaned brass in hot water, hoping that'd loosen up the crap inside the cases, but that didn't work either. Are there any good ways I can get the rouge crap out of my cases or am I stuck going through them one by one? I really don't want to put them through my dies with any of this residue on the inside of them.

Page generated in 0.02247 seconds with 8 queries