View Single Post
Old November 25, 2009, 04:24 PM   #31
elkman06

Quote:
Wyoming doesn't have a regulation on the books
Thanks for the clarification, I've been looking at the regs every year for 35yrs and had not seen it either.

So much like another thread recently posted, this will be an issue open to interpretation on a game wardens' part. Considering it is common practice to let hunters off on a trailhead, or head of a canyon, or on one side of a timber stand,,,only for the hunters to meet at a central vehicle or point where a ride is waiting then one could make the argument that this is a drive. Hmm, I might take those odds in court. Of course like I said before conducting a drive over a mile long canyon might not look like a drive very much at all.

The one thing about this that I believe needs to be emphasized, and this goes back to the OPs' intent I believe. There are instances where too many people get involved, and too much coordination has to exist for this type of situation to be SAFE. I personally would not get involved in this type of calamity with, a) people I don't intimately know, and b) too many people at once.
Good discussion, I hope noone got offended.
elkman06
The other part that had me a bit puzzled was that I just got done going through the Hunter Safety course put on by the Wyo G&F w/ my daughter and no reference was made to this. Perhaps they should change the curriculum a bit.

"Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6"

Last edited by elkman06; November 25, 2009 at 04:26 PM. Reason: addition

Page generated in 0.03599 seconds with 8 queries