View Single Post
Old July 2, 2013, 01:48 PM   #27
jmr40

I'm sure the Ithaca's are well made guns. I've never owned one, but all I've seen have impressed me. I have doubts about how many will pay that price for a well made pump though. There are many, many, well made guns that used to be made that are no longer in production. I believe it is just a matter of time before Ithaca joins their ranks, again. The fact that they have been in and out of business multiple times, for about as long as I've been buyng guns does not give a lot of confidence.

If I buy a pump, I'm buying a gun to throw in the bottom of a muddy duck boat and use as a boat paddle if necessary. I want a gun that I can bring home at the end of the day, hose the mud off outside and let it dry in front of the fire at night and be ready to do it again the next day. If it gets lost on the bottom of a lake, I'll not shed a tear, just go out and buy another. If the finish gets worn off and metal rusted that is what they make Krylon for. I can buy 3 American made pumps for the same money that will do what I ask from them just as well as the Ithaca. If I'm spending that kind of money it won't be for a pump.

While they are great guns, I believe their time has come, and gone. Just like many other great guns no longer in production.

Page generated in 0.03387 seconds with 8 queries