View Single Post
Old November 16, 2009, 10:08 PM   #7
Technosavant

Quote:
Don't get me wrong... I have no doubts that we have the collective power to stop the legislation anywhere it has not already been passed. I am just pointing out that this fight is coming (again) at the state and local level in 2010.

To the extent that they can do it, I expect them to try more municipal regulation (like the debacle in Ohio) because cities offer a better basis to try and sell that kind of regulation and also because they are more populous.
I doubt the fight will ever stop, no matter what court battles are fought and won (or lost). They've ignored the actual Constitution, so ignoring court decisions is pretty likely too.

Still, my point was that if the anti-gun forces thought they could get a ban through at any level, they would have done so already. While they may indeed shift to the state or municipal levels, most states have been down this road to some extent already. Additionally, many states also have preemption at the state level- municipalities are unable to pass stricter laws. For those other states without preemption, well, the areas likely to pass such things are probably also likely to have done so already.

Page generated in 0.02492 seconds with 8 queries