View Single Post
Old January 10, 2000, 05:00 PM   #3
Ned Roundtree

Luckily, we have a three gun match. It lets you practice shooting but is not really indicative of tactical shotgun. First thing you need to do is test the patterning and/ or shooting of the different HD shotgun shells that you plan to use. #00 Buck, #2, #4, slugs, whatever. This tells you what they do at what distances. Secondly, you need to practice shooting, loading from the side saddle or reloading on the move. Coming down a hallway, cornering, room clearing, tactical at the ready carrying and bringing to shooting position. In the shooting pits,I set up barrels and wall barricades and pretend to clear the house. I shoot from behind cover whenever possible and learn how BALANCE is important when shooting and toting a shotgun. Shooting stationary tombstone targets is another good way. But really doesn't give anything but bullseye practice. I believe one should practice with what they carry in real life. Practicing with a low recoil shot when you are using magnum is okay but you should shoot at least half or more of your course with the ammo that will save your life. Just my two or in this case four cents.

[This message has been edited by Ned Roundtree (edited January 10, 2000).]

Page generated in 0.02148 seconds with 8 queries