Thread: Holster Advice
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2007, 01:39 AM   #5
River Rat 1969

Holster Selection

MCJAG4402, Galco leather holsters are of outstanding quality. I have several, to carry a H&K USP 45, and a Government model . They aren't cheap, but they work. Bianchi holsters are good, but Galco are better, in my opinion. Don't refuse to consider quality plastic holsters. Blade Tech makes very nice IWB holsters. Two things about plastic holsters that are better than leather holsters. First, if you live in a hot climate, and will be sweating a lot, plastic can have the salt washed off it easily. Throughly wash the salt out of your expensive leather holster, and when it is dried.........see how good the fit is. Second, if you absolutely must not be identified as carrying a weapon..........leather often gives you away with it's noise, such as when you bend over to pick something up from the floor, or squat down. An alert criminal will know that sound. If you are like most of us, you will end up with a box full of holsters that just aren't worth wearing. Buy quality, and avoid the cheap contraptions passed off as "holsters".

Besides getting a quality holster, buy a good gun belt. Several suppliers make them; I have a Galco horse hide belt that is over twenty years old, and still in excellant condition.

One last thing to consider. If you are carrying a bulky handgun, and decide on carrying it in a Galco SOB holster, consider the possibilities of getting rear ended in a car crash, while carrying this way. There is a potential for increased risk of back injury, if slammed really hard with a large weapon. If possible, unholster in cars if carrying SOB.

Jim

Page generated in 0.03910 seconds with 8 queries