View Single Post
Old January 16, 2013, 08:54 AM   #13
kraigwy

They are plentiful, which is important now since in the last two months the demand for firearms has ski rocketed, (enough guns have been bought in the last two months to equip the Chinese AND Indian army)

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013...d-indian-army/

But setting that aside, the Mosin is the cheapest set up one can choose to get involved in rifle competition, and BE COMPETITIVE.

That being the CMP GSM Vintage Military Matches. Give you an example, summer before last I put on a CMP GSM match that was won by a guy who picked one up the night before, with some surplus ammo. First time he fired the rifle was during this match.

With a good barrel and good ammo the are accurate. They are easy to load with stripper clips if on takes the time to learn to load it. A bit of practice the bolt can be operated pretty fast.

Granted most shoot high when you first get them, but its a simple fix, that cost nothing without changing the gun where it fails the CMP AS ISSUED Rules.

They are old and ugly but then again so am I, but I still work, so does the Mosin.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071

Page generated in 0.02188 seconds with 8 queries