View Single Post
Old July 19, 2009, 11:57 PM   #1
Tucker 1371

Now I'm paranoid

Ok first off this thread probably isn't going to be what you think it is so don't knock it til you've read it. That out of the way there's something that's been bugging me a lot lately.

Since this Friday my little brother and I have been at home alone while my parents are in Wyoming (should be home in an hour or so actually). Saturday morning at about 5am (stayed up late watching Saving Private Ryan) I was trying to fall asleep in the living room chair when I heard what sounded like the doorknob to the side door wiggling. Then the wiggling turned into a couple of bangs and I was up off of the couch, rifle in hand. My little brother had yelled "hey" a couple of times to make sure I was getting up.

We sat there in the living room for a second listening and, hearing no further entry into the house, had a look around. Our house is pretty open air, 20ft lines of sight in a place or two and the kitchen (where the side door leads to) can be seen from where my brother and I were in the living room so I feel that, given that we were not in a defensible position, checking the house out was the only option (I'm open to criticism, suggestions etc.). The side door where the commotion was was still closed, chained shut. We stepped out onto the back porch and my dog was barking out into the pasture behind our house, but she has been known to bark at a whole lot of nothing.

At first I dismissed it as the dogs banging against the door but the next morning when my brother and I were out taking care of some of the other animals we noticed some tire tracks about 50 ft from the house on the side opposite the door I heard the noise at that definitely hadn't been there before. I hadn't heard or seen a car pull up or any doors ope or shut.

At this point I was genuinely creeped out, and still am. Now any time the dog barks or the house makes a noise I'm reaching for my rifle.

Anyone have to deal with this before? How do you get back to normal? Anything you would have done differently?

After this I am definitely getting the codes to the alarm from my dad so I can keep it set, even if it is just a noisemaker.
OEF 2011 Sangin, Afg. Molon Labe

Last edited by Tucker 1371; July 20, 2009 at 12:09 AM.

Page generated in 0.02620 seconds with 8 queries