View Single Post
Old November 22, 2013, 09:51 AM   #18
745SW

“Most of what I own these days are hammer fired polymer handguns. I've also owned every striker fired polymer handgun in current production. I have never had, nor has my 5' wife with tiny hands, any issues with limp wristing with those hammer fired guns.”

I’m sure most here on TFL will not be affected by LW (limp-wristing) but given a high enough round count in a single session or having some physical issues at the time may prove to be different. I like to think or try to be totally immune to LW by using my weak hand and/or to have a round count high enough to cause fatigue and still not have pistol cycling issues. All of my hammered pistols are metal and most are all steel.

Low bore-axis is a feature/element that is brought up frequently with pistols but to this day I really can’t see what advantage it has over a higher bore-axis especially since the difference is only a small fraction of an inch. A higher bore-axis means more frame material at the top of the receiver helping tame recoil. The higher bore-axis also makes it easier to bring the pistol up to eye level while a low axis necessitates more wrist bending. This same wrist bending gives the wrist more vertical movement ability that appears to encourage more roll in the recoil.

The rifle world is different. I can’t recall anyone complaining of the extremely high bore-axis of the AR platform while the AK as an extremely low bore-axis. Yet overall I believe people like the AR because of its ergonomics.

Page generated in 0.02719 seconds with 8 queries