View Single Post
Old December 11, 2005, 05:25 PM   #42
Glenn E. Meyer

A situation like this was discussed in great length on the defunct Tatics List it was called the Cracker Barrel scenario.

The name came from a situation that I saw in Cracker Barrel. As I was paying the bill, I saw two cops come in and start looking around. I heard them ask the manager if he saw a person of a certain description. I told my wife to stop looking at the junk and we are out of here. She said :Why. I said "Cops".
We skeedaddled. As we were in our car we saw a slew of cars arrive and then officers flood the store and drag out some dude.

It turns out they were in hot pursuit and the guy was trying to blend with the customers.

The discussion revolved around what you would do if the guy saw the law coming and grabbed the wife. Well, if you saw the law coming you might wait. That's easy - if you trust the cops to save the day - different debate with pros and cons.

The bad branch was the guy comes in - no cops, wants a car, grabs wife and wants your keys and says he will take wife as hostage to be released later. Assume he has a weapon - gun or knife. Then wait. You didn't know the cops are on the way.

Shooting off a couple of rounds in Cracker and Barrel circling steathly around the displays is probably impossible. Add a screaming set of customers.

It was hard for serious practitioneers to chest pound and brag about head shots at 25 feet.

Page generated in 0.02387 seconds with 8 queries