View Single Post
Old September 4, 2013, 11:34 AM   #19
BigJimP

Many of us ....have both DA and SA revolvers ...( or at least I do ).... 3 different S&W mod 29's and 629's in .44 mag / about a dozen different S&W models in .357 mag ...mod 19's, 27's, etc...--- and some single action ...like a Freedom Arms that I had made in .357 mag .......

and it isn't so much - just picking one for hunting, if I wanted to hunt with one - its whatever I feel like / because I shoot them all pretty well out to 50 yds or so in single action when I have a good rest ( I can't see well out to 100 yds anymore with open sights ) --- but over the years, I've killed a couple dozen whitetail within 50 yds ( with rifles) but could have easily done it with a .44 mag - or maybe a .357 mag ..with the right bullets.

So it kind of depends on what you like, what kind of terrain you'll be in, etc.../ and carrying a double action over a single action is no big deal...in fact guns like Freedom Arms, are a lot heavier than most double actions with the same barrel length...and it just comes down to making sure you have a good holster that is custom fit to the gun - so its easy to carry.

But everyone should shoot and hunt with whatever they want ...and what the game laws in your state allow !

Page generated in 0.02264 seconds with 8 queries