View Single Post
Old September 4, 2013, 08:21 AM   #14
dahermit

Reading the posts, I see some seemingly legitimate reasons for choosing the single actions over the doubles, ie., "like the looks". And then some questionable statements, that is, comparing the single action trigger pull to the double-actions, double-action trigger pull. To those guys, I say: You do know that you can actually cock the hammer on a double-action and shoot it as a single action, don't you?
I like them both. And as much as I prefer to shoot double-actions in only double-action mode (and have removed the hammer-spurs on all my possible defensive double-actions), I have to admit that a S&W double action's single action pull (sensitivity), right out of the box, is outstanding.
As to the statement that single-actions (with five beans in the wheel) are less prone to AD and ND discharges, I say, horse feathers. There is no difference. It is the do-dah handling the gun (not the design) that causes such.
Before someone gets nuts and says something about "arguing/bickering", this is a discussion...I am discussing. Feel free to disagree, I am listening.

Last edited by dahermit; September 4, 2013 at 08:27 AM.

Page generated in 0.03734 seconds with 8 queries