View Single Post
Old August 22, 2009, 03:06 PM   #5
jaydubya

From your specifications, I would say the S&W 637 Airweight is your best choice. I have one and have fired about 2,000 rounds from it. It fits nicely in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster, which in turns fits invisibly in the trousers I wear (not skin tight jeans). I could carry it all day without even noticing it -- except I live in California where obtaining a concealed weapon permit is an iffey task. One thing about Airweights that needs to be said: it takes practice, practice, practice to become competent with them. And practice, practice, practice with a 637 and live ammunition is painful, painful, painful. I am good for about twenty rounds and then I go do something else. But in a self defense situation, I wouldn't notice a thing.

Whatever handgun you end up buying, be sure that Crimson Trace has a set of laser grips for it -- even if you don't plan to get them right away. There are a lot of handguns out there that Crimson Trace does not, and probably never will, make grips for. These handguns are, by that fact, fatally flawed. Crimson Trace makes grips for most S&W and Ruger revolvers, as well as certain models of Taurus revolvers. I have them on three of my handguns, and would not buy a handgun that Crimson Trace did not make grips for.

Cordially, Jack

Page generated in 0.03723 seconds with 8 queries