View Single Post
Old December 3, 2013, 09:39 PM   #20
PT-92

Very sorry for your loss and certainly hope that you hear good news at some point sooner than later going forward.

That said, at the very least there are 'silver-linings' so to speak in stories such as yours in that they illustrate the absolute need for firearms security. I know too many guys who spend, spend and spend on yet another beautiful gun for their nice respective collections (I get it as it sometimes virtually irresistible when we see a great deal ) that are then stored in a closet or the like while they are off at work or vacation ... I say not only is a gun safe (or at the very least heavy duty cabinet) recommended, it should be understood as being mandatory. Moreover, I would then advise that a monitored security system be installed (and no it does not have to break the bank to get this job accomplished as it did in the past). It has been my experience that most of the guys I know that center much of their hobby/recreation around firearms (generally speaking) have enough funds (if properly managed) to secure their hardware.

And, of course, if all of the aforementioned security measures prove still to be of no avail, make sure that you have some form of previously established insurance to lessen the blow (various different outlets available here and, once again, affordable to boot as opposed to the past when only the 'elite' could consider such).

And no, I realize there is no such thing as a panacea for the problem but at least you can leave your dwelling knowing that you have done as much as possible to make the perps objective of ruining your day/year/life that much more difficult!

Sorry for the ramble but I have a true hatred for the thugs that commit such despicable acts that result in unfortunate situations such as that laid out in the OP.

Page generated in 0.02966 seconds with 8 queries