View Single Post
Old August 2, 2011, 08:41 AM   #12
UtopiaTexasG19

The reason I am asking the question is the problem all of us have when casting or just re-loading something new to us. Certain weight ranges just seem to work better in different calibers and going out to buy multiple new powders, bullets, sizers, dies etc., etc. can get real expensive. It would be nice if one sized primer and one type of powder worked well for every caliber but it just isn't so. Using the past experience of others on the forum at least gives me a place to start rather than experimenting at either extremes. I will eventually find what is right for my particular gun and my shooting capabilities but having a ball park figure helps out a lot. I wish the powder manufacturers sold "sample" sized small containers of powder just so one could experiment. Spending $17-$28 for every pound of powder on a new load can get expensive when you find out it just doesn't work in your particular case, especially when one is inexperienced in a new load.
PS- By the way, to any new shooters on the forum. I put this .44 mag. away 30 years ago because of a really stupid error in my judgement when I was in my early twenties and thought I was invincible. Listen up...Wear hearing protection, wear hearing protection, wear hearing protection! Got it?

Page generated in 0.02294 seconds with 8 queries