View Single Post
Old April 14, 2014, 12:53 AM   #38
Lucas McCain

I'm a old school gun guy. Circassian and French Walnut and Birdseye maple stocks, maple whiteline with rosewood or ebony end & grip caps, Fine line hand cut checkering, high gloss blueing, bolt actions, hinged floor plates with my initials on them done in sterling silver.
Lever guns, Volcanic Henry, 1866, 1892, 1894, 1886 and pre-war 94's Winneys
S&W Revolvers, J, K and N frames, old Colt SA's. There are only 2 auto pistols worth owning and they are 22 cal. Colt Match Target and a Belgium Browning Challenger. Shotguns are all S X S. and a couple of with old Western Knives and 4 Barlow's.
65 years ago as a young lad in grade school, my dad had a hired man who liked guns and had a outdoor life subscription, he let me read them and there was articles in them about custom guns, with metal work by Beeson and stock work by Fischer, truly a sight to behold those rifles were. They were built for Jack O'connor. I fell in love with those guns and promised myself at a young age that I would own rifles like those one day. I kept my promise to myself and treated myself to several now and well worth the money. They aren't safe queens either, they may show some wear, but that is only a testimony to some special memories for me.

Page generated in 0.07237 seconds with 8 queries