View Single Post
Old March 27, 2010, 07:57 PM   #18
oneounceload

Reloading, while it may seem scary, is not rocket science nor is it difficult. The savings will come from buying components in bulk - that might take you a while to discover what works, but when you do find that magical combination - buy components in bulk - that means primers in 25,000 lots, powders in 8# jugs - both of which can be shipped for one hazmat fee. Many folks immediately think that time trumps understanding - I do not subscribe to that theory.

IMO, one is best served by starting on a single stage press of good quality so that you can see the processes one stage at a time - yes it is a little longer to load, but you have a much better chance of not having a double or non charge - you can easily check each primer seating, etc...

I have used both single stage and progressives - I have had more issues with progressives, especially the primer feed, than anything else....unless you're shooting a huge amount each month, it might be easier and less expensive to start on a single stage and then upgrade later

Page generated in 0.02816 seconds with 8 queries