View Single Post
Old March 15, 2005, 09:52 AM   #1
markbsam

32-20 wcf - Contender Question

I have just started reloading for 32-20 wcf for a TC Contender. The TC version of this venerable cartridge uses 30 cal. bullets, rather than the standard .311, to allow for a larger selection of bullet variety. Upon the arrival of Rcbs dies, Win. nickel plated brass, Midway 110 gr. RN bullets; I lightly chamfered the cases with a Lyman VLD tool, deburred the flash holes,resized the cases, primed. Then I did something a bit non-standard, the Speer #11 manual ,and other sources, say that you must get a 30 cal expander plug for your 32-20 dies, but I just used a 30 Carbine expanding die. I didn't and don't see why this will not work as the case wall is not supported during this step. The final result was a cartridge that lacks enough neck tension ie. they aren't falling out but with a fair amount of work you can push them in with your fingers. My best thoughts are that VLD chamfer tools and nickel-plated brass don't mix, peeled somewhat, or I am missing something obvious. Thoughts and ideas appreciated.

Page generated in 0.03308 seconds with 8 queries