View Single Post
Old August 5, 2013, 05:01 PM   #23
BigJimP

Make sure - both your training - and her training are fun !! Shake up the routine....set up an interesting course of fire ( some reloads, etc )...and put some stress into it with a shot timer.

I agree with the sentiment that whatever it takes to get you both to the range more often, is good....is it the best, maybe not .../ but its hard to argue that a .22 is bad for your training - especially if the .22 has a similar manual of arms.

Some guns have .22 conversion kits...where you use the same lower frame and change the slide ...it isn't perfect either ( weight is different, recoil, etc...) but if you can't afford to train with the .380 ...( or the 9mm, or .45 acp or whatever ) its another option.
---------------
But many of us carry larger calibers ...( like .40S&W or .45 acp ) and we train with the same identical gun in 9mm as an example - for roughly 1/2 to 2/3's of the cost ...../ but yes, I'd use the .22 if that was the least expensive option ...and dry firing...or whatever....

Reloading, if you like it, is another way to stretch your ammo budget ...and shoot 3 times more with the same ammo budget....( plus I like reloading as part of the hobby )....

Page generated in 0.02378 seconds with 8 queries