View Single Post
Old December 30, 2007, 04:52 PM   #18
Double Naught Spy

I just don't get the CAR necessity of canting a gun (pistol, rifle, shotgun) in apparently every situation. For handguns, it just seems to be a cross between homeboy and a modified Weaver.

I got a kick out of the big guy in this video
http://www.sabretactical.com/CAR/Speed_1.mpg
Dang if he ain't a great shooter at 3-10 feet. You can't accomplish shooting that good at that range with any other method!

I also liked how his stance did not favor his access to his mag pouch such that he fumbled a bit in retrieving his reload and then double clutched his gun before being able to accomplish the reload. He retracts the gun to his chest and then points it up over the backstop at the sky as he attempts to retrieve a new mag. He hasn't dropped the old mag yet which isn't empty (gun not locked back), so he wants the partial mag ready for battle until he gets a new mag out. I get that. What I don't get is why he points his gun skyward and why to effect the mag change he must then sling out his gun from his body to eject the old mag and then bring it back again (double clutching). That seems to require moving the gun around about 2 additional feet it doesn't need to be moved. If this is such a great shooting method, it seems to require a lot of extra jerky movement and scanning places that don't require scanning. It did not appear to be a "threat from above" drill at all.

Page generated in 0.04642 seconds with 8 queries