View Single Post
Old March 3, 2006, 05:29 PM   #8
281 Quad Cam

I voted airsoft....

The reason is that you have a wide selection of pistols which will fit and function in your carry/duty holster. From there you can practice drawing in a variety of scenarios. Retention is especially useful I would imagine. You get to practice point shooting - without the danger of shooting yourself or anything else. Ofcourse some precautions should be taken not to lose an eye.

Combat training? I doubt it. I had an airsoft AEG long gun and played with a group of young adults who were cool and all, and did strive for some amount of reality. But the fact of the matter is.... It is not reality.

Training in tactics and strategy would be about equal if the guns did not fire anything at all. That is, learning and practicing the maneuvers and methods used to achieve likely combat objectives. Airsoft guns "can" add one notch of realism over that - but they don't offer much. Running drills in which airsoft guns are used is one thing.

But without actual knowledgable personell who are qualified and intending to teach you - its just a big role playing video game.

Page generated in 0.05229 seconds with 8 queries