View Single Post
Old February 22, 2009, 10:50 AM   #15
Tennessee Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenomics
Disney made news and so did a new law in Florida that circumvented private property rights.
Perhaps a more germane story to this question is here: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=38726

and this quote is illuminating:
Quote:
"I hope those of you in the media will realize the incredible unfairness of a huge company telling its employees – in essence – they must agree to die for the company rather than use legal reasonable means to defend themselves," Rick Whitham, an Indianapolis attorney, told WND. He says he saw Pizza Hut's action as "clear discrimination against those who choose to lawfully exercise a legal, heavily regulated right."
Now, for those of you who jump in and say: "Just Quit!" I will tell you about my CCW class I took 5 years ago. Kathy Jackson also known as pax might want to tell me if I am wrong.

There were 15 of us in the class. Myself and two other males and 12 females. Every one of the females had been stalked/attacked/assaulted by their ex-husbands/boyfriends and all had Orders of Protection filed against said "men".
All were single mothers.

So you see, they couldn't "just quit" and even if they did unless they became LEOs they weren't safe ANYWHERE because angry/crazy ex-friend could show up at work and kill them. And don't think this is a really rare event either. I think this type of murder/assault happens a lot.

So, when I read quotes like this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenomics
the business owner should be allowed to set the rules once you are at work.
I say fine and good but if the business owner does not then assume responsibility for your safety and provide reasonable protection for your safety that is immoral.

Private property should not trump your life.

Page generated in 0.03796 seconds with 8 queries