View Single Post
Old February 13, 2013, 11:28 AM   #7
Walt Sherrill

As someone else said, PRO-MAGS are a crap shoot.

I'm a long-time CZ enthusiast, and learned NOT to use their mags in full-size CZs, as the springs seem to die quickly. But the Pro-mags for the CZ compact guns work as well as factory mags, and aren't short-lived. (I used them back during the magazine ban period -- as their 75B Compact .40 mags [built for a gun that CZ didn't introduce at the time, as planned] worked well in 9mm compacts, and in the 9 models acted like hi-caps, giving 14 rounds.)

If I were you, I'd buy ONE of the Pro-Mags and anticipate problems. Then, if you have problems, bug Pro-Mag until they get you one that works. They DO have a good warranty, and people seldom take advantage of it. If you're persistent, you'll probably end up with a mag that works.

With other Pro-mags, just replacing the mag springs (which you may not be able to do with a 20-round mag) makes the magazines work right, and it's only about $5 from Wolff springs. Unless the the Pro-mags are really cheap, that doesn't pay off -- as good mags for other applications are generally available from Mec-Gar at comparable prices, and the Mec-Gar mags are the "gold standard" of magazines. They're springs last much longer.

Page generated in 0.02369 seconds with 8 queries