View Single Post
Old March 16, 2009, 08:06 PM   #1
tpcollins

Is there a good economical bench rest?

I'm not sure where to post this but this on forum would seem logical. I'd gotten a Stoney Point rifle rest awhile back and took it back because I thought it was too "springy". I replaced it with the Cabelas version of the Lead Sled but wasn't happy with the constant readjustment today at the range today - it's going back tomorrow. When I got home today, I dusted off my 25 year old Outer's Varmiteer Rifle Rest and with a little modification to solidify the rear end, it may come back to use.

I know the rifle moves sligthly before the bullet exits the barrel. Both of my other two rests had a rear "pocket" that restricted the butt end from movement but I'm wondering if this hinders my accuracy? My old Outers has V-type forks that allows the rifle to slide rearward if needed - actually I don't know why I quit using the Outers.

Is there a good reasonable priced rest out there? Is one type or style better than the rest? I surely don't get to use a rest when I'm hunting - off hand or a tree for deer, Harris bipods and my shoulder for coyotes. Actually I've always thought sand bags were pretty darn good if I could get them on target fairly quick. Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

Page generated in 0.03039 seconds with 8 queries