Thread: Someone Help Me
View Single Post
Old January 31, 2009, 01:47 PM   #43
Gohon

Quote:
Who is it? Wal-Mart. Every Wal-Mart in the state of Oklahoma that sells rifles and shotguns has a red/green map of states at their gun counters. There are EXACTLY 8 states that are red on their map. I did not ask which 8 states they CANNOT sell to, because that is irrelevant. They can sell to residents of 42 states that are green on their map.
That is so funny........... that's information I gave to you weeks ago about the placards in the WalMart stores when you were also putting out this erroneous information. Only one big problem though, it is completely backwards. There are six states according to the statute I gave you, not 8. The six are I believe are in a green color. Oklahoma is colored blue. The rest of the states are red. They can sell to the green states but not the red states. In other words the states in green are contiguous states. Nice try but I now it is easy to see why WalMart had to suspend selling guns in some states because employees couldn't follow proper state laws.

Add on.... Just called two different WalMarts and they indeed told me what you just said. When I asked where they are getting their guide lines from they both said I don't know, that's just what they send us and neither knew who they were. So I called three different gun shops in Tulsa. These were places that deal in nothing but selling and buying guns. All three said absolutely not that they were forbidden to sell to other than contiguous states by Oklahoma law. I guess if they ever decided to start selling toilet paper and spark plugs they would change their guidelines.

Quote:
Sec. 46.07. INTERSTATE PURCHASE. A resident of this state may, if not otherwise precluded by law, purchase firearms, ammunition, reloading components, or firearm accessories in contiguous states. This authorization is enacted in conformance with Section 922(b)(3)(A), Public Law 90-618, 90th Congress.

Wow. Looks like, according to you, Texans are REALLY screwed. They can't buy ammunition, reloading components or firearms accessories anywhere outside of Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arkansas and Louisiana. It would REALLY suck to be a TEXAN, according to you!
You really don't get it do you. Texas or any other state for that matter that uses the contiguous law is not telling their residents they can only buy ammunition in a contiguous state but that they may/can because of reciprocal agreements between border states. Oklahoma has the same wording in their law. What it means fellow is they are guaranteed that they can buy these things. It means these states will never have a law not to sell them certain items. Fact is if North Dakota for example sold long guns to anyone out of state, Texas wouldn't give a tinkers squat if a Texas resident purchased a long gun there straight out. Heck LT, if you can't understand that, I really don't know what to tell you

Last edited by Gohon; January 31, 2009 at 02:35 PM.

Page generated in 0.03768 seconds with 8 queries