View Single Post
Old April 12, 2006, 02:53 PM   #15
pickpocket

Quote:
That's troublesome advice, guy. Reconsider.
That's why I put in the disclaimer (which you left out of the quote) and the comment to dial it back a bit before applying to real life.
Do you walk into a restaraunt and look for all the exits?
Do you try to position seat so that face the door?
Do you try to note the positions of any LEO's in proximity to you?
Do you ask yourself: "what if THIS guy pulled a gun, what would I do?"

Then you're doing the same thing - I'm just using different words.

There's no chance on earth that I'd reconsider that advice - at least not for me. It's saved my life or put me far enough ahead of the curve enough times to make me a believer.

Of course, that also doesn't mean that I advocate people sitting around in their pantyhose using lipstick to write a list of names of the people that have pissed them off.

Quote:
There are better ways to say what Pickpocket is saying but he is correct none the less. Any less by you will leave you vulnerable. The beauty is I do this also and nobody is the wiser.
Yeah, but coming straight to the point sure does illustrate the seriousness of it, don't you think? Doesn't help to sugar-coat some things.
Nobody is the wiser because you don't ACT like that's what you're thinking, so you obviously understand where I'm coming from.
It takes just as long to draw your weapon with a frown as it does with a smile, and nobody knows what's going on in your head unless you want them to - that's all I'm saying.

"Sabah al khair -- ismee Dave, ahnee al Shayṭān"

Page generated in 0.03514 seconds with 8 queries