Thread: Range Rant
View Single Post
Old November 1, 2002, 09:58 AM   #50
killjoy

attire

I have to agree with some of the other posts that if we want to be perceived as clean cut "normal" people we should dress in clean neat attire at the range.

On the other hand I think that the liberal media has already decided how they are going to portray us and no matter how we dress, comb our hair or talk they WILL get their point across. Much like shoot the arrow into the tree and then hang a target on it.

It wasn't very many years ago when everybody in this country looked at a group of leather clad bikers and thought "dirty,lowlife,scumbags". most people have since learned that bikers are not just like that but are also law abiding, doctors, bankers, computer geeks, carpenters, plumbers and all sorts of people that make up our society. Of course the media helped educate the public once they started doing stories on them showing them in a favorable light.

I think that if we remain in the spotlight people will learn that we are not just what they see. It would also help if we could somehow become friends of the media. I have no idea how that would happen though as we are already being painted as terrorists in the making by the media.

Oh well.......I just wanted to say that both sides of the fence in this case are right. We can dress as we see fit ....and it would be helpful to the cause if we dressed more conservative but the hell with it! We are what we are. I'm proud of what I am and what I believe in and if they don't like it...tough crap!

Page generated in 0.02912 seconds with 8 queries