View Single Post
Old September 25, 2012, 06:52 PM   #2
Creeper

Hello XtremeRevolution and welcome to the Asylum.

I am so happy, thrilled actually, that a new member took a bit of time and thought with a "what gun" question. We get so many "I want a HD gun... suggestions?" posts from n00bs that it's enough to make your head explode.

Anyway... so a 9mm huh? Good all around cartridge choice. Practically everyone makes a 9mm, and some numerous models. You can't go wrong with a Sig Sauer, Walther, S&W, Kahr, Glock, Springfield Armory, Colt, Kimber, H&K, CZ, Steyr, Beretta or Ruger... and probably a few I've forgotten.
I realize that's a big list, but until, at the very least, you hold each and every one of the potential candidates in your hand... and preferably shoot them, recommending a specific gun is pointless.

If you like 1911s... good on ya', but be aware that there are lots of cheap 1911 clones out there and some are not worth the metal they're made of. Stick with "new to the 1911 party" brands that have a well known name, like Sig Sauer, Remington and Ruger, or with brands that have real 1911 history... Colt, Kimber and SA.

In an "out of the box" gun I'm a big Colt 1911 fan as well as a CZ, H&K and Steyr fan... but I'm old, left handed and ugly too.

Cheers,
C

Page generated in 0.02165 seconds with 8 queries