View Single Post
Old August 31, 2012, 12:09 AM   #1
snyper85

Pistol reliability tips

Recently I have been on a lot of different forums researching different ammunition types and different cc guns and the topic of reliability has come up a lot. A couple months ago I purchased a diamondback DB380 for pocket carry because it felt the best in my hand compared to about 7 other guns in its class. After I purchased the firearm I began to read range report about the little guy and about 95% of them were negative due to the gun not functioning reliable. On my first trip out with the gun I shot 170 rounds through the gun flawlessly and without incident. Was there a problem with my gun because it didn't act up during the break in period? It's possible I was lucky and got a cherry, but I don't think so. Let me explain to you what I did to make my EDC firearm extremely reliable right out of the box.
As soon as I got the gun home I stripped it down compleatly and cleaned everything removing all factory lube. Next I took metal polish and poured into the slide rails. I then reassembled the gun and racked the slide about 400 times. I took the gun apart and assessed the slide rails. They were shinny and had no sharp edges. I then pulled and reset the trigger about 300 times. Next step was to polish the feed ramp with the metal polish. After that I hit all the edges of the gun with the dremal tool. I cleaned the gun and applied frog lube to the slide. At the range I shot 150 rounds of 95 grain federal fmj without incident followed by 20 rounds of Winchester PDX1 ammo. Not a single hiccup.

Last edited by snyper85; August 31, 2012 at 12:48 AM.

Page generated in 0.02467 seconds with 8 queries