View Single Post
Old July 26, 2011, 02:15 PM   #14
Paul B.

For handgun brass, anything but Amerc is fine by me. Never had a problem with Remington .45 ACP but then I only load and shoot my home cast bullets in my handguns.

For rifle brass, I like Winchester the best with Remington a fairly close second place. Last place goes to Federal. Recently I was given 1,100 rounds one definitely once fired Federal Gold Medal Match brass. I decided to load some up to see how good they might be and the primer pockets were already too loose to firmly hold the primer in place. I've loaded federal brass on 30-06 and 308, 30-30 and 270 and in every case, no pun intended the primer pockets loosened up within one or two fitings, that is if they were not already too loose to begin with. Funny thing is some .300 Win. Mag. federal brass that I did load hot is holding up fairly well.

Many people like Norma and Lapua brass but again, I find it to be a bit softer than I care for. I haven't tried Nosler brass yet but I hear rimbling that it too may be a bit on the soft side.

These days, my full power "balls to the wall" hunting loads go into Winchester brass, normal deer type loads into Remington and Federal with the exception of that .300 mag. brass is used for light plinking and gallery cast bullet type loads.

My choices. YMMV.
Paul B.

Page generated in 0.03100 seconds with 8 queries