View Single Post
Old January 20, 2011, 09:34 PM   #2
44 AMP
Staff

The emotional argument is the only one they have

And they trot it out anytime there is a killing. The officer's deaths were indeed tragic, but not in the least bit senseless. They died in the line of duty, serving a homicide warrant. Going to arrest a murderer is not a safe thing. There is nothing riskier that trying to bring in a killer. Its not senseless, it's their duty, and they know the risks. What makes them worthy of respect and honor is the fact that despite the risks, they do their duty anyway.

The politician(s) spouting pap is what they do. TO me, the statement about how the deaths were "senseless" simply shows how that politician is spouting stock phrases rather than actually thinking about what he is saying. I'm sure he would use the same phrase about a train wreck or a drunk driver accident, except for those he would call for some other pet piece of legislation, rather than gun control.

Yes, it is aggravating and frustrating every time a politician or pundit uses the bodies of the fallen to advance their agenda, rather than giving honest and sincere respect to the victims families. But such is the nature of some people, and I don't see anything that can be done about it, other than elect different people of better character. Are you going somewhere with this one, Jim?

Page generated in 0.02884 seconds with 8 queries