View Single Post
Old August 18, 2009, 11:05 PM   #4
Stick_man

Jinxed- some people choose to ship as soon as they receive a shipping address. Others choose to ship as soon as the funds are received/verified. In many cases, people base that decision on te user feedback on the "purchaser". If the individual has been around a long time and has been a substantial contributor, most will ship before payment arrives. For most new members, I have found just the opposite to be true... they request a USPS MO or payment through PayPal and then wait until payment has arrived before shipping. Bottom line is the timing of the shipment is a personal decision based on what YOU are comfortable with. If you feel you can trust the other party, feel free to ship before payment is received. Your chances are pretty good they will hold true to their word. The "golden rule" plays a very big role in forums like this. Treat others the way you want to be treated and everything goes well. Don't drag your feet at getting items shipped. If you find yourself in a situation where you cannot ship immediately upon receipt of funds, communicate with the other party. A lot of people gain a lot of patience with a simple email explaining things.

I have found the great (GREAT) majority of folks here to be top-notch people. Every once in a great while you will run into a bad apple, but they aren't allowed to stick around very long.

Once I receive payment, I will send an acknowledgement PM to let the other party know the funds have arrived and when they can expect the goods to arrive. Communications is vital to any good transaction and helps build goodwill as well as helps you to get to know others on the forum.

Sorry for being so long winded. Hope this helps answer some of your questions.

Happy shooting!

Page generated in 0.02837 seconds with 8 queries