View Single Post
Old April 28, 2002, 12:03 PM   #1
rock_jock

Kel-Tec Sub 2000 Review in S.W.A.T.

I was pleased to see a review of this new rifle in the June issue. There has been a lot of hype about its innovative design and features, but only scant information available from knowledgeable sources. Unfortunately for me, as a left-handed shooter, the review came about a week too late. I recently purchased a NIB Kel-Tec Sub 2000 based on favorable opinions on the Internet and was initially impressed with how well it handled, but was deeply disappointed when I test-fired it. While the gun performed admirably, the ergonomics were decidedly unfriendly for lefties. You touched on the poor placement of the mag release button, which invariably caused the magazine to drop every time I tightened my grip (an "oops!" that cannot be tolerated in social confrontations). This was a significant drawback in and of itself. However, I would also add that the short stock and blowback action means that when fired from the shoulder, a lefty will end up with a face pocked by hot residue and forcefully ejected spent casings. That was not mentioned in the article. I noticed in one of the photos that Mr. Awerbuck was firing left-handed from the prone position and was wondering if he too experienced this problem, and, if so, why he didn't report it. In any case, I have learned my lesson and in the future when a new gun comes out, I will wait patiently for the S.W.A.T. review before I buy.
rock_jock is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03577 seconds with 8 queries