View Single Post
Old October 6, 2008, 10:15 PM   #9
govmule84

Springer's got it.
To be quite honest, mechanically, I don't think I know a good lockup from a bad one. I don't know that I wouldn't hamfist this job, and as the thing is covered under warranty, we'll see how it goes.

They assured me that my non-ILS housing would be returned as is, no hassle or issues.

I suspect, still, the slide to frame fit is not quite right...if you shake the pistol, it rattles. I understand it's a GI gun designed with liberal tolerances for reliability, but the groups are awful. Springfield told me today to expect three inch groups at twenty five yards. I can't get three inches at seven yards.

I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks for all the good info, Unclenick most especially.

EDIT: I forgot to mention...the first time I ever shot the gun, I noticed the nice, shiny barrel had marks on it where the slide rubbed it as I shot it. (The part you can see through the ejection port.) I dunno if that is normal, but I can't recall seeing it on anyone's 1911 but my own. Perhaps that will give some additional info for those more adept at troubleshooting these things than myself.

Page generated in 0.03638 seconds with 8 queries