View Single Post
Old January 22, 2005, 02:49 PM   #10
Harry Bonar

re-bullets

Dear Shooters:
Let me tell you how much I appreciate the FORUM! It's nice to listen and talk to you guys!
The late Charlie Kelsey of Devel Corp., years ago paid Joe Bonar (of Novaks) and I a visit with a new "scintered" bullet of his design. Ultimately he got into trouble somehow in Texas and was found with a bullet in his head and set on fire in a culvert.
Nontheless the bullet had unique flutes at the nose ans we shot it in 50 A&E, my muzzle-loader and 45 ACP. He had pictures of hogs and goats shot with this bullet; it was tremendous hydrostatic shock (the first I've ever seen.) If you hit a man any where in the thoracic cavity it was bye, bye!
I still have some of the bullets and I'll try, if there is any interest to photograph and put on the forum. Due to the light weight of this bullet it could be driven very fast - we didn't chronograph it. It actually would function in the 45 ACP (1911 package) and if it struck a metal plate it discintegrated! We thought it might be good for aircraft use. Don't mean to be superfluous but thought this might be interesting to forum.
Harry

Page generated in 0.02515 seconds with 8 queries