View Single Post
Old June 1, 2013, 09:20 PM   #1
stu925

Finally got my CMP Garand

As some of you know I've been lusting after a CMP M1 Garand for some time now so this year I decided to go ahead and order it. I sent my paper work in back in Feb. and this was my week to start receiving my order. Fed Ex stopped by on Wed. and dropped off 3 boxes, inside was my ammo, en-blocs and bayonet. Yesterday the rifle was dropped off at my local FFL (stupid SAFE act) and I went up to pick up the rifle today. So how about some pictures? Sorry about the quality, wife's got the digital all I have is my cell phone.

The CMP Bounty

As you can see rifle gauged 1 for both the muzzle and throat

A true Winchester receiver, SN puts date of manufacture at 1943

Tore the rifle down tonight and found that the barrel is dated 8-66 and stamped VAR (Danish I believe). Trigger housing is stamped SA as is the Op Rod. Bolt is stamped HRA. Didn't find any markings on the rear sight to designate manufacturer although I'm sure they are there. Stock is stamped RA-P so looks like it was re-arsenaled at Raritan Arsenal in Jersey.

I found no pitting on any of the metal and the Parkerizing looks very nice. Wood has some dings in it including a really big one on the right side right above the trigger. This was without a doubt the cleanest surplus rifle I've ever dealt with, not one drop of cosmoline anywhere on it (the bayonet had more cosmoline on it).

Stu

Page generated in 0.03203 seconds with 8 queries