View Single Post
Old January 21, 2013, 11:02 PM   #7
MTGreen

Thanks for the input. I like the data considerations that have been discussed. Speer #14 does not mention variable brass manufactures, or primer manufactures in its 9mm Luger data sheets, but cites Speer case and a CCI primer with a 4" barrel length.

I have Winchester brass and plan to use Winchester spp primers. I am looking at Speer bullets, just because it is the only data book I have right now. I have two other reloading books on order, but have not order a second data book.

I am still looking for info on volume issues with regard to overcharging.

Power pistol is in the velocity range I am looking for, with .8 grains between minimum and max loads according to Speer on a 124 garin bullet (5-6-6.4).

I am also looking at Unique. Its minimum load is closer to my velocity target, and its maximum at 1180 is closer to the 1200 range I would like to get to with snother powder when I have more experience. Unique's minimum and maximum charge is seperated by .6 grains (5.2-5.8)

Even so, this data relates to weight, not volume. I plan to weigh the first 5 loads then every 5th load if the charge is within and acceptable range. (start charge to +.1grain?)

I will be firing a Glock 17.

Page generated in 0.02340 seconds with 8 queries